Eight years of decreased MRSA healthcare-associated infections associated with Veterans Affairs Prevention Initiative
Study suggests handwashing compliance in child care facilities is insufficient
What's new at APIC
New! APIC Public Policy Agenda
To prepare for incoming state and federal policymakers taking office next year, APIC has developed a comprehensive public policy agenda to assist infection preventionists in their advocacy activities. The agenda provides members with...
It is all about IP competency!
APIC is pleased to announce the launch of a new member resource, Industry Perspectives. This new website is designed to help expand access to information and research that accompany industry products and services, and increase IP competency.
Registration and housing now open for APIC 2017
Portland, here we come! Registration and hotel blocks are now open for the 44th Annual Conference, June 14-16 in Portland, Oregon—the infection prevention event of the year. Join us!
2017 EPI® Intensive courses in Reno and Atlanta now open for registration
® Intensive courses in 2017 has been announced! This novice-level course, designed for infection preventionists with 1-3 years of experience, provides intensive fundamental infection prevention training for healthcare professionals working in different practice settings.
Prevention Strategist—Winter 2016
Cover story: Engaging nurses in antibiotic stewardship
- ANA/CDC working group for engaging nurses in antibiotic stewardship: Leadership interview
- How to prepare—Learning to practice like we play Open access
- Elevating our profession Open access
- A day in the life of an infection preventionist
- From data to decisions: Making the use of frequency tables and distributions Open access
- Budget advocacy: From A to Zika Open access
Access the supplement: States Targeting Reduction in Infections via Engagement (STRIVE) program supplement and download the Glossary of Terms.
American Journal of Infection Control—January 2017
- Inappropriate urinary catheter reinsertion in hospitalized older patients
- Eight years of decreased methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus health care-associated infections associated with a Veterans Affairs prevention initiative
- Use of personal protective equipment among health care personnel: Results of clinical observations and simulations
- Impact of personalized report cards on nurses managing central lines
- Risk of sharps injuries among home care aides: Results of the Safe Home Care survey
- Stepwise intervention including 1-on-1 counseling is highly effective in increasing influenza vaccination among health care workers