What you need to know about Zika virus
New infographic on preventing infections in ambulatory surgery centers
What's new at APIC
Fall Infection Prevention Academy: Register early through August 15
Early registration is extended through August 15 for fall Infection Prevention Academy in Orlando, Sept. 12-17. The Academy offers top-level, hands-on training with the benefit of a conference experience—professional networking, an exhibit hall, and the APIC store onsite with special discounts.
Virtual program: Build competency in the use and application of your data (9/12–10/24)
The upcoming Effectively Using Data Virtual Learning Lab will teach you how to make use of the data you gather, whether integrating NHSN into a comprehensive data management approach, using data to assess and monitor...
Roadmap for the Novice Infection Preventionist (newly revised)
Developed for APIC members, the newly revised Roadmap for the Novice Infection Preventionist now follows the CBIC 2015 Examination Content Outline. This tool outlines the tasks.......
New statistics publication
The highly anticipated Fundamental Statistics & Epidemiology in Infection Prevention publication provides a deeper understanding of basic statistics and epidemiology as they apply to infection prevention and control.
Prevention Strategist—Summer 2016
Cover story: Constructing Collaboration
- Design, planning, construction, and activation from an infection prevention perspective
- Gastroenterology and infection prevention colleagues partner for patient safety Open access
- Building a new antimicrobial stewardship program Open access
- From data to decisions: Dipping a toe into the data ocean
- What IPs should know about Zika virus Open access
- Infection prevention: Spanning the generations Open access
American Journal of Infection Control—August 2016
- Design study to develop screen savers aimed at improving hand hygiene behavior
- Enhancement of hand hygiene compliance among health care workers from a hemodialysis unit using video-monitoring feedback
- Sickness presenteeism in clinical clerks: Negatively reinforced behavior or an issue of patient safety?
- Contacts between health care workers and patients in a short-stay geriatric unit during the peak of a seasonal influenza epidemic compared with a nonepidemic period
- Understanding the introduction and circulation of environmental methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in a large academic medical center during a nonoutbreak, year-long period
- Laboratory-acquired skin infections in a clinical microbiologist: Is wearing only gloves really safe?